Travel insurance is quite a useful service that is offered by insurance providers in India. It secures you against any unforeseen circumstances that may occur while you are traveling abroad. The experience of traveling to any place becomes ten times more fun when you are assured of having taken care of all the unanticipated events by buying a travel insurance plan. But before doing so, you need to understand your requirements in accordance with the nature of coverage your policy will provide.
Picking the right policy is crucial
There are various types of Travel Insurance Plans available in India that you can easily choose from. Investing in a comprehensive trip insurance policy will secure you from any loss incurred, which can create a financial burden on you. It is vital to ensure that the policy you choose will secure you and provide you and your family covers under unfortunate circumstances, such as medical expenses, personal accidents and loss of passport, loss of checked-in baggage, theft or loss of personal belongings and trip cancellation and curtailment.
The right travel insurance policy is the one that provides coverage for all your needs and not the one that includes everything, even that what you do not need. To compare travel insurance plans available, you can easily log onto any online portal that allows you to compare various different plans on one platform. Thereafter you will need to look around a little in order to spot the cheapest travel insurance policy that comes with maximum coverage at an affordable premium.
Compare and buy your travel insurance plan
While looking through different insurance plans, you will be able to see for yourself the differences in terms of the features and benefits offered under each plan.
There are various plans offered to travelers that have been designed to ensure a hassle-free journey to cater to the need of every individual, right from a child, to an adult, a student, to senior citizens. You can compare travel insurance plans on the basis of geographical locations, like
- Domestic Travel Insurance– It can protect them from unforeseen events including medical cover, loss of baggage and personal accident cover within the Indian states.
- International Travel Insurance– this plan will cover individuals and families traveling overseas with a wide range of benefits including medical expenses, dental expenses, financial cash assistance, flight delays, loss of passport, loss of checked-in baggage, delay of checked-in baggage, personal liability, loss or delay of check-in baggage, hijack distress allowance, etc.
Here is how you can compare travel insurance plans on the basis of the type of travelers
- Family Travel Insurance– this type of policy is meant for families traveling together that usually covers the policyholder, his or her spouse, and children. The sum insured will mostly be available accordingly. All the members of the family can avail medical expenses, personal liability, loss of passport, loss or delay of baggage.
- Senior Citizen Travel Insurance- this is a custom-made plan especially for elder people aged above 60 years of age. The premium is usually high than others and protects the insured person from unpredictable financial emergencies, dental expenses, loss of checked-in baggage, and others.
- Student Travel Insurance- it is a student-friendly insurance plan for students traveling abroad for pursuing higher education. This usually comes with extended validity and covers the students from sponsor protection, study interruption, medical expenses, etc.
- Business Travel Insurance- Valid up to 1 year, this plan will allow the traveler to undertake several journeys for work purposes. It provides coverage such as flight delay or cancellation, medical emergencies, loss of baggage, missed flight, etc.
- Group Travel Insurance- If you’re traveling in groups or organizing industrial training tours, office tours, student tours or pilgrimage tours, then this is the plan for you.
You can also filter according to your requirement and then compare travel insurance plans on the basis of the following:
- Multi-trip Travel Insurance– If you are the one who undertakes multiple overseas trips in a year then this plan will work for you. You will end up saving a lot of money and this plan will cover you under unforeseen circumstances in all your trips that year.
- Baggage Insurance– You can opt for this if you think you can lose your baggage during your journey due to theft or any mishap. In order to get compensated for the loss of your baggage while traveling, you can always rely on baggage insurance.
- Flight Insurance- This is another tailor-made, customized plan that covers a traveler from any unpredictable flight-related emergencies such as fault of the airline or their staff, flight delay or cancellation or missed connecting flight.
While making a final decision about the perfect travel insurance plan for you, you can keep these factors in your mind and look for what are your requirements. This will surely help you save your valuable time and money, both.